After the successful launch of the SEAAP, a close link with the TOPOI group in Berlin was established. Members of the SEAAP from Prague, Budapest and Zagreb decided to start another series of annual meetings dedicated to close reading of texts in cooperation with colleagues from Berlin. The first and tentative meeting was held in Zagreb in 2007, on Aristotle’s De partibus animalium. MA and PhD students from Berlin (Marko Malink and Katharina Fischer) participated in this meeting together with colleagues from Prague, Budapest and Zagreb. The next meeting of the group – jokingly called “Axis” – was held in Berlin in 2008.
After some colleagues migrated from Berlin to Munich and Hamburg, and the group was further expanded to include colleagues from Israel, this series of meetings started to be called – again rather flippantly – the “Crux” workshops. These meetings grew over the years and now include colleagues also from France and the Netherlands.
Here is the list of all meetings from this series, in reverse chronological order:
11. Aristotle, De sensu et sensibilia. Tübingen, 19-21 September 2019; organized by K. Corcilius [programme]
10. Alexander, De mixtione. Lyon, 27-29 September 2018; organized by G. Guyomarc’h [programme]
9. Aristotle, Peri ideȏn. Munich, 8-10 July 2016; organized by C. Pfeiffer and C. Noble [programme]
8. Aristotle, Physics VIII. Tel Aviv, 7-9 June 2015; organized by O. Harari [programme]
7. Galen, De placitis Hippocratis et Platonis VII. Berlin, 21-23 November 2013; organized by R. Wittwer [programme]
6. Plutarch, De animae procreatione in Platonis Timaeo. Budapest, 22-24 November 2012; organized by G. Betegh, A. Brunner and M. Veres [programme]
5. Hippocrates, De victu. Prague, 7-9 September 2011; organized by H. Bartos [programme]
4. Aristotle, De caelo I. Zadar, 19-23 September 2010; organized by L. Borsic and P. Gregoric [programme]
3. Aristotle, De motu animalium. Budapest, 10-12 September 2009; organized by I. Bodnar [programme]
2. Epicurus, Ad Herodotum. Berlin, 15-18 May 2008; organized by C. Rapp [programme]
1. Aristotle, De partibus animalium I. Zagreb, 28-30 May 2007; organized by P. Gregoric and F. Grgic [programme]